Thursday, February 08, 2007

Our dear Stephen woke up in the middle of the night and only fell asleep at about 6++ in the morning. Naturally he woke up very late and ended up late on his first day of school. Could he be too excited?

These days like what Daniel wrote, I mean the days after he got well, have been good as Stephen initiate more things such as wanting to bond with us, singing, playing with us, going to the toilet, handing my hand to help him open a locked door, walking up the stairs tho' at times it's still a struggle. Overall, things have been moving more positively. Thank God for things big and small. Always like the ending - The Lord God made them all, how true!

I've been trying to pace my workload, mainly my marking and preparation in the daytime so that I've got some pockets of time at night or in the evening to play with the children. Through all these, I feel happy that both Deborah & Stephen are my kids. They've been forgiving to their mommy who had been busy during term time. This year, I resolve to play more with them . just on Tuesday, the children, Vengie & I took MRT to Hougang Mall. 3 cheers for us!!! That was the first time that Stephen travelled by MRT. Thru'out the journey, whenever we mentioned that we were travelling in a train, he would touch the print "Thomas & his friends' which is on his pants (my mom bought that to fan his entusiasm). Very sweet, right? And in context... ever hope for a day to bring him to England where we could take the Britrail for that's where Thomas & his Friends were conceived out of a man's childhood fascination with trains. But first, he's got to get used to moving around in Spore on public transport. For him and for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home